Serving the Public Through Public Transit
In 1992, Krapf’s took over the “Route A” between Coatesville, Downingtown, Exton and West Chester – formally the “Route 120″ – and developed it into a quality public transportation service, picking up more than 1,200 passengers each day, seven days a week, between the hours of 5:30 AM and 11:00 PM.
Public transit is now an important part of the Krapf service mix. Krapf’s other fixed public transit routes include the City of Coatesville’s “Link,” the Rambler serving Upper Merion Township, and southern Chester County’s SCCOOT services.
In 1994, Krapf’s Coaches became the first private contractor to provide fixed route services for SEPTA…a proud moment for the Krapf company. Today we operate SEPTA routes 204, 205, 306 and 314.
Also, we now operate the Philadelphia PHLASH service – the quick, easy and inexpensive connection to Philadelphia historic attractions and cultural institutions. The PHLASH bus is one the best ways to get around to more than 20 key locations in Center City and costs just $2 each time you board! So hop on and hop off to see Philadelphia in a PHLASH!
Due to efficient and cost-effective transportation management, these public/private partnerships have now grown to where Krapf’s Transit division is offering the highest quality and most reliable transportation service possible to over 550,000 passengers a year.
- Exact change only for all fares. Drivers will not make change.
- Folded dollar bills will NOT be accepted
- One child not exceeding 42 inches in height will be carried free, if accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger.
- Senior citizens (age 65 years or older) are entitled to free transportation. Passengers must display a valid Medicare Card or Senior Citizen Transit I.D. Card or other document displaying birth date or age.
- No pets allowed on buses except seeing-eye dogs with their masters.
- Persons considered objectionable by the driver or by other passengers will not be allowed to ride.
- No service will be provided New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Schedules/fares are subject to change without notice.
- You will be in good hands with our uniformed, licensed, professional transit operators. Every trip is a special occasion, with emphasis on friendly service and passenger safety. Our drivers make you feel secure as you travel through the communities of Chester County.
- For SEPTA routes and schedules just call (610) 431-6015 between 7 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Or click here to visit SEPTA’s web site for information.
Krapf’s Transit cannot assume responsibility for inconvenience, expense or damages resulting in errors in timetables, delayed routes, failure to make connections, or for shortage of equipment. The schedules shown on timetables are subject to change without notice.